Closed through April 1, 2016.
Group tours available by appointment.
Group Rates $10 per person.
Children 5 and under, free.
View our Calendar of Events for special events and programs throughout the winter.
447 NH Route 4A
The East Brethren's Shop
The East Brethren's Shop, constructed in 1819, was originally in the first row next to the 1794 dwelling house, where the Great Stone Dwelling stands now. In anticipation of the construction of the Great Stone Dwelling, both it and the West Brethrens' Shops were moved to their current locations where the East Brethrens' Shop was utilized as a tailors' shop by the Shakers.
In 1928, the La Salette Brothers renovated it into its current configuration as a dwelling for the sisters at the site and named it the Bethany House. Soon afterwards, the sisters moved into the Mary Keane House and La Salette brothers resided in the house.
Today it is rented as a private dwelling.
Enfield Shaker Museum is a 501(c)3 non-profit educational institution dedicated to interpreting and preserving the complex history of the Enfield Shaker Village and the Missionaries of La Salette.